Long Trail & Appalachian Trail Hiker Info
We offer you these services in the hopes of making your hike easier. Please be considerate of others, both hiker/non-hiker & observe any rules or restrictions. Thanks!!
1. Packages: We do accept & hold re-supply packages for hikers at no charge. Packages MUST be delivered via direct delivery service (UPS, Fed EX).
NOT THE US POST OFFICE which does NOT deliver to us.
We reserve the right to refuse any packages sent through the post office.
(Packages sent thru the post office if accepted will incur an extra $10 handling fee!)
PO box 267, Killington, VT 05751 is acceptable for letters to be held.
Please do not send packages more than 2 weeks prior to your arrival. We hold 175+ packages per summer & have limited storage. Limit 2 packages per person & must not exceed 25 lbs.
Packages should be addressed:
Your name and approx. arrival
c/o Inn at Long Trail
709 US Rte. 4
Killington, VT 05751
2. Laundry facilities: We do have a coin-op laundry. $5 includes wash, dry, laundry soap, dryer sheet.
3. Lodging: We do offer Thru-hikers & section hikers a discount (from May to mid-Sept) on a walk-in basis only (literally hike in). No reservations, first come first serve. If you would like to guarantee a room you may reserve at any time at the regular rate. Typically we have rooms available for this discount during the midweek (weekends we recommend a reservation if you're sure about your date of arrival).
Please note: Room rates are determined by the number of people not the number of beds. Breakfast included in the morning. Use of beds & showers are for registered guests only.
4. Dogs: Dogs are not allowed in the main building or by the entrances & must be leashed at all times. There are a few spots to temporarily tie your dog outside. We have only 1 hiker with dog discount room available midweek (sun-thurs) but not weekends. This room cannot be reserved. For reservations in our suites - please see our pet policy first. Sorry, it is not acceptable to leave your dog tied up outside to take a regular hiker room.
5. Camping: Camping/cooking is not allowed on premises. We do however maintain an area across Route 4 for hikers to pitch tents, especially when rooms are not available. This is free, with a 2 night max, but use of our public bathrooms as a clean up station is not acceptable. Campfires are not allowed.
Patty & Murray McGrath
Inn at Long Trail